What To Do Until Help Arrives: Water Damage - Contaminated
Water Damage from Contaminated Water Source
Have you ever had a toilet overflow, sewer back up, or a drain clog in your house? Then this looks familiar to you. Here are some tips to help.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Understand contaminants can become airborne, so minimize traffic/disturbances in the affected area.
- Call SERVPRO of Coos, Curry & Del Norte Counties immediately at 541-808-2600.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry structure or items, or spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Call SERVPRO of Coos, Curry & Del Norte Counties today at 541-808-2600. We are faster to any size disaster.
Note: If exposed to harmful waste, OSHA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Please contact your physician.