Tips to Prevent Fire Damage/Loss
Tips to prevent fire damage/loss at your home:
-Regularly check your smoke alarms to ensure that they are working properly.
-Inspect your heating sources and ensure they are properly working/cleaned.
-Never leave anything cooking unattended in your kitchen, it takes just a few seconds for a fire to break out.
-Keep the oven/stove clear and clean all the time. Stove-tops/ovens don't randomly combust. Fires are usually caused by leftover food particles that haven't been cleaned from the area.
-Check your dryer. Always ensure that your dryer connections are secure and the lint filter is always cleaned.
-Know the location of your power shutoffs for all utilities while also knowing the power shutoffs for gas lines, appliances, circuit breakers, and fuses.
-Maintain your electrical cords. If any cords are frayed or damaged, make sure to repair or replace immediately.
-Keep fire extinguishers handy at all times.