Summer Time is Almost Here
Summer is time to enjoy the outside, but it is important to have safe outdoor practices also. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluid designed for BBQ's; do not add fluid after coals are lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight; check the hose for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hose will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- When camping always use a flame retardent tent and set up camp far away from the campfire.
- Always build a campfire down wind from the tent area. Clear any tall grass or vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- Store liquid fire starters away from your tent and campfire, and only use dry kindling to start or freshen your campfire.
It's not quite summer yet but we here at SERVPRO of Coos, Curry, & Del Norte Counties wish you a safe and happy summer!