Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damages and odors. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damages to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
There are two different types of smoke-wet and dry. As a result, there are differant types of soot residue after a fire. Before resturation begins, SERVPRO of Coos, Curry, & Del Norte Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke-Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, stickey, or smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke-Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, also heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue-Produced by Evaporation of Material Rather Than From Fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, and extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a litte different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your smoke and fire damage property.
If you have any questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage give SERVPRO of Coos, Curry, & Del Norte Counties a Call (541)808-2600.