10 Tips to Prevent House Fires
House fires take lives and homes of too many people! In a five year period house fires have caused 2,620 dealths and 6.9 billion in prperty damage. The top three causes of fires in a home are cooking, heating equipment, and electrical malfunction. Here are some tips to help prevent a fire from occurring.
1. Test your smoke alarms regularly
2. Inspect all your heating sources
3. Keep your stove and oven clean
4. DO NOT leave your kitchen while cooking
5. Always check your dryer
6. Maintain all cords
7. Properly store flammable products
8. Practice caution with candles
9. Be careful with your fireplace
10. Keep fire extinguishers around
If you you have questions or would like more information on fire prevention give SERVPRO of Coos, Curry, & Del Norte Counties a call (541)808-2600.