Summer is Fire Season
Summer is a time to enjoy the great outdoors, but it is important to also keep safety in mind.
Consider the following tips, provided by the National Fire Protection Association to keep you and your family safe all summer long.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluids designed for barbecue grills; do not add fluid after coals are lit.
- When camping, always use a flame retardant tent and set up camp far away from the campfire.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight; check hoses for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hoses will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- Always build a campfire down wind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- Store liquid fire starter away from your tent and campfire, and only use dry kindling to freshen a campfire.
It may not be summer quite yet, but it's feeling like it! We at SERVPRO of Coos, Curry, and Del Norte Counties wish you a safe, and happy summer.